I love a holiday gift guide as much as the next person looking for a way to spend 15 minutes pretending they're not just procrastinating online, but I find that most if not all feature things no one needs at prices most people can't afford. And so I decided that I should spend 30 minutes pretending I'm not procrastinating online by writing a gift guide of my own. I promise that each and every item is something someone needs as a price most of us 20 and 30-nothings can afford. Enjoy!
For The Girls (sisters, friends, moms) - The Drug Store Beauty Box
You have a list of products that you swear by so why not give the gift of knowledge to some people whose hair, skin, nails and face you love! Place it all in one of those cute pre-wrapped boxes they sell at Paper Source, and you're golden. Here's my list:
- Dove Style & Care Hair Spray - quite literally the best smelling and working device to hold your hair in place currently on the market.
- Essie Nail polish in Jazz - nail color of the year guys
- Burts Bees Garden Tomato Toner - if you're not using toner after you cleanse, both AM in PM, you're in major trouble with my girl Janna over at My Beauty Binge who recommended this one to me!
- St. Ives 24-Hour Restoring Body Lotion - smells great, works better
- Baby Lips in Peach Kiss - as if those commercial weren't convincing enough.
- Paper Source Box in Grey Chevron - I love everything chevron because I have a Pinterest account
If any man in your life is going to attempt to end up half the man my Poppop is then he's going to need to learn how to make a mean pizza pie. These supplies will help.
- Stone - good for any old pie
- Crisper - for a thin, crispy crust
- Cutter - slice like a pro
- Book - actually learn how to make it, though as Poppop would say, "whatta' ya need a book for? Just make the pizza!"
For Foodies - The Greek Yogurt Machine
Greek yogurt was obviously the food of 2013 (whereas 2012 was brussel sprouts and 2014 is looking like it's going to be gluten free bread), so help your loved one stop spending $1.50 on every singular carton of the Fage they'll never be able to pronounce and put them in the personal yogurt-straining business. It's like juicing but even more pretentious! You'll find options at every price on Amazon.com.
For Fatties (aka all of us come 1/1/14) - The Kitchen Safe
You know when you're dying for another cookie but you just had a three cookies five minutes ago? Lock all the cookies up in this puppy and set them for as long a time you think it appropriate to have another three cookies (45 minutes, tops).
For People Who Get Cold - Slipper Socks
I find it annoying when I'm wearing hard-soled slippers but want to put my feet up on our leather couch, so I asked R for something like these from Target so I never have to deal with that very frustrating life issue again.
For People Who Like To Read (and support others) - The Moth Anthology
The Moth was a huge inspiration for Sunday Night Sex Talks (launching in NY on January 5th!), and they've just come out with their first anthology collection features stories from people like Jillian Lauren who has performed on the SNSTalks stage! It's coming full circle guys.
For People Who Like To Read (and support me!) - 20-Nothings The Book
Sorry, I couldn't help myself. Find it here, on sale!
For the Person Who Has Literally Everything - A Donation in Their Name
Think of the person's passions or priorities and make a donation that will honor their life. What could be kinder and less likely to get re-gifted?
Happy Holidays and Happy Shopping! Now get back to work.